Sunday, September 30, 2007

Angelface...


Well here it is the end of the month already and here too is the progress I have made on my Angel... Not as much as I had hoped but at least there is some. My goal for the end of October is to have the top of her head completed and some headway down the other side of her face...
I have come to the conclusion I am not a natural stitcher nor for that matter anything to do with textile craft or sewing or knitting. I think it is because I get impatient with the slow going of it all. I am not one of these people who can stitch and talk too - I am better on my own. I can stitch in public places - hotel lobbies, on the train, at the bus shelter etc - but put me in a stitching group and I inevitably make mistakes which then I have to unpick and that I absolutely hate with a passion. Nor can I sit and stitch for long periods of time - an hour, at the most two and then I start to get restless.
I have another big 0 birthday in 5 years and I have made myself a promise that I shall do one major piece a year - that should cover at least some of the bigger kits I have bought over the last couple of years which I would loathe to give away not done - after that what gets done does...
Now back to my angel...

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Stop tearing yourself apart - you always used to say that to me, now it's my turn! Your cros-stitching is always very neat, and your foray into CQ showed great promise - at least to my amateur eyes. If you get one major piece a year done, you're way ahead of me! MY Indian has been on the go for 20+ years...
BTW, thanks for your sympathy about my job situation. I'm annoyed about what's happening, but philosophical at the same time. "One door closes, etc."

Jana B said...

I so totally understand that... I can't crochet/knit/do anything else for long periods of time, either. So I've settled into a routine of "clean a little - crochet a little - clean a little - crochet a little"

It may sound nutty... but it works for me! :)