Sunday, November 1, 2009

Update...




Some of you may remember - not too many posts ago - that I was contemplating having a go at a Helen Stubbings - Colourque design... Not much to show you but this is what I have done so far... Once I got started and into a rhythm I started to really enjoy it...
At first I was so obsessed with trying to do an exact match to Helen's model I forgot to listen to my own 'gut feel' - once I put the 'perfectionist' on the 'naughty chair' I relaxed and I could feel the 'flow' starting to happen... I am really impressed with the effect that can be achieved by the continual blending of the colours - it almost creates a watercolour effect... This process takes colouring in to a whole new level... Once I have completed the colouring in the real fun starts with the outline stitching in no 8 perle cotton... More photos soon...

Until next time...

Sharon xxx


No comments: