Sunday, October 23, 2011

things that caught my eye...

*Warning - photo heavy*
On the spur of the moment I decided to go to the Eastern Palliative Care Quilt show which was held at Nunawading for the last two days... I read about it on G's blog and I couldn't decide whether I wanted to go or not. I haven't been to any exhibitions all year as I have really begun to dislike the noise and the crowds these days - a sign of age - perhaps... I tend to put it down to I work in retail five days a week and I appreciate the peace and quiet.   Anyway, I digress - as this exhibition was very local - literally up the road - I made a decision to go reasonably early... I spent a delightful couple of hours just looking and camera snapping... My prowess with a camera is not good but I guess you get the general idea.... These were just a few of the many that were on show... To see more visit G's blog which is dedicated to the quilt shows she visits...







































They even had a few traders stalls and I was tempted - and succumbed...



Christmas Wreath Rosalie Quinlan Designs - a beautiful Christmas red work design that I have had my eye on since I saw it on her blog
Two patterns by Gail Pan - her work is gentle, whimsical and inviting. Again I have been watching these since I saw them on her blog.


Now I have tried to keep this blog  fairly true to my  stitching endeavors or more of late - lack of. But last week we had a chidren's book come into the store that has  teased my imagination  I was so taken with it I bought it... David Wiesner  is the author and illustrator of this highly imaginative story. There are no words however the pictures tell the story beautifully....








What catches my interest with Flotsam??  I love the tease of 'what if ' - a boy finds an underwater camera floating in the waves and 'what if' when he develops the film he see something more than he expects to. I could see this work translating exceptionally well into a piece of cloth art... 



Enjoy - until later take care

S xx









1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Nothing wrong with those photos! I was pleased to see yours are of mostly different quilts to the ones I snapped.
NAUGHTY girl, adding to your stash! LOL, I can't talk. I didn't write about it on my blog but I bought a pattern for a felt cat pincushion. $6.60..it wasn't worth blogging about really. Love your purchases though.