Sunday, January 29, 2012

CQ JOURNAL 2012

yep, another update...

newly stitched sections
...this is what I have done today - apart from melt with the heat... I am now way behind with my January block but none the less I can see an ending...

newly stitched sections in relation to the whole block
The new sections are the pink one in the left hand corner and the red one in the right hand corner - plus I have removed the 'lazy daisy' flowers and have just used a running stitch around that little striped left hand triangle... I'm not sure on the blanket stitch on the red block - but I will leave it until next weekend before I decide... Amazingly the little red motif took about 45 minutes as opposed to an afternoon like the yellow one... I guess was that I knew what I was doing this time around...

The next couple of sections will be the killers as they are both largish... I will give it a press and think about it again... I may even leave them and come back to them at a later date. I find if I sit there and stress about them it only adds to the brain drain... I have already got some ideas for some of the other blocks so I am spoilt for choice really...

Better go and rescue the washing as it has clouded over considerably in the last half an hour or so and I would hate it if it all got wet again...Not that it would take long time to dry with the weather we are having...

Until later, take care

Sharon x x

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

It is coming along beautifully. You shamed me into getting a move on mine...I was up until about 2 am on Saturday night/Sunday morning, sewing the seams. Couldn't sleep anyway, so may as well be stitching!