Sunday, September 1, 2013

Later ~ in the afternoon...

Well, I did look at some of my stash and then I had a try at the new - Granitos stitch over at Red Brolly ... It is a simple stitch but like all things that look simple it will need me to practice a little bit more before it looks like it is meant to... But I could see once you had a handle on it it would make a nice alternative to lazy daisy... If you want any more information on 'how to' I found this 'live' granitos stitch tutorial by Mary Corbet helpful or go across to Browyn Hayes at Red Brolly
http://www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly/2012/10/tutorial-ready-set-sew-how-to-embroider-granitos-stitch.html     for a step by step picture guide.

Image courtesy  of  Mary Corbet's  Needle 'n Thread
Then...

Over the last few months some blogs which I have visited have had a design - part stitchery, part quilt going called Betsy's Closet. The designer - Brenda Riddle based it on her childhood memories of paper dolls and their clothes I fell in loved with it but couldn't really justify buying another pattern - I don't know why - I haven't ever needed a 'good' reason before... But I digress..


This afternoon I discovered that you could pay for it as a download - somehow that seemed a better deal than sending overseas... Within minutes it was mine - I printed it off and quicker than a magician's trick it is ready and waiting for me to start... The download is professional and well set out with clear easy to follow instructions. Oh the wonders of modern technology!!!

I believe I have enough fabric for the sashing but will need the fabric for the stitched panels. It does use Cosmos threads and I do have some but of course NOT the right some... Not sure what I will do whether I will lash out and buy some Cosmos threads or just make do...  But I am very much looking forward to starting this one...

A friend of M's is having a baby soon and I am toying with the idea of using one of the panels as a miniature wall hanging... But I will need to decide quickly as bubs is due in a couple of weeks and I am not known to be the quickest stitcher...

So you can see I have been 'very busy' in a non productive way... :)

Sharon x

1 comment:

Emma Kat said...

The grantios stitch is very pretty. I must have a go at it. I like the look of it more than satin stitch.