Sunday, December 9, 2007

Linden


In a moment of madness I have entered the Linden Post Card Show. E had been encouraged to enter and for weeks we have had numerous entry forms laying around. On the very last day in its closing hour I had this unexplained urge to enter it too. Hastily downloading a entry form from the Net, filling it out and faxing it off I too became a Linden PostCard exhibitor...
Perhaps the motivation behind this creative impulse was a couple of reasons: to have a deadline and stick to it, and to further explore and recreate one of the crazy quilt blocks which I had done as part of a CQRR in 2006 - unfortunately this block and four others disappeared into the ethers - never to be returned to their respective owners. I think I subconciously have mourned the loss of this particular block as I was the first one to work on it and set the theme as an underwater piece which included a fantasy seahorse - I had loved doing it and have always thought that I would create it again for myself - but like a lot of things it was on the 'wish list' of creative things I might do' given time'. Since no one is going to give me time I have to seriously create some space in which to pursue this creative itch I have - Linden seemed more than a reasonable reason to do just that.
I thought it was also a great way to start a New Year with a creative endeavour - sort of set the standard and pace for the rest of the year...

No comments: