Sunday, October 17, 2010

I am so in love...

... with this. I have seen it a couple of times advertised in the English cross stitch magazines... The image just captures my imagination... Yes, G I know - there are at least 50 or so in front of this, all which captured my imagination at one time or another... But this one is just so beautiful!!!

It is called 'Swan' and its by the artist Joadoor and it is produced through Lanarte needlework company...

And the Australian dollar is so good at the moment for buying overseas... :-)

My love of swan images stems from a little book I had as a child - and still have, I might add... It was called the Lord of Rushie River by Cicely Mary Baker and it was about a little girl befriended by swans when her father goes away to sea and her stepmother treats her cruelly...

The illustrations below are just beautiful and are among my favorites...





Until later
Sharon x


1 comment:

Gina E. said...

What's this? I distinctly recall you saying you were going to spend this weekend stitching and reading, and I hoped you would post a photo of the results. Now you're talking about more SINS for your stash...so have you ordered it? (yes it is beautiful)