Saturday, January 17, 2009

2009...

Well, here we are in the middle of January and I haven't so much as picked up a needle let alone stitched a stitch - not one - nothing - zero - zilch!!!! They (who ever 'they' are suggest that you start as you mean to finish - so does that suggest I should just quit while I am ahead... What do I hope to achieve for 2009 stitching wise? Yep, there is an answer to this one I am sure - while I have thought about it briefly I don't want to put pressure on myself - perhaps I would like to experiment and not take myself so seriously and have a little fun in the process and perhaps learn a thing or two or maybe three..

While bloghopping I came across Gail Pan's blog and she has designed a free BOM - A Christmas Wish - I have been wanting to start something new but because I have a self imposed stash downsizing happening I didn't want to go looking for anything new that might mean I have to spend money... Anyway I came across this and thought that this could be the beginning of something BIG... I was determined that I would make this from what I have rather than what I want - I went through my fabrics and came up with some red fabric and calico that can do as the centre blocks I am rather lean on green fabric so that is where my Spotlight Christmas voucher may come in handy... I am not even sure I have the right colours in the embroidery threads but again I am going to make do...

I have read the instructions and I think that this is something I could actually achieve each month and at the end of September I shall have nine blocks in which to do... well, do something... It will be interesting to see what it looks like at the end...

So stay tuned and I shall faithfully post a photo of my take on Gail's BOM each month...

I have also found another stitching site called Stitches and Spice which by coincidence was the stall I bought a cross stitch kit and chart last year at one of the shows... They have some charts I could really get serious about had I not put a 'stop' on my stitching purchases. As I said once before I have far to much already and I have realised that in reality I shall not get them all done - still it doesn't hurt to look - just in case there becomes a vacancy in my stash...

No comments: