Sunday, March 1, 2009

Some stitching and some page turning...

I have all but finished the stitching part of the first two blocks of Gail Pan's free BOM 'Christmas Wish... I haven't as yet done the sewing as I am still trialling suitable borders - I quite like the material that the'love' block is sitting against...

'Merry' still needs the flowers stitched - and try as I might - today hasn't been the day to do it...

I am happy with what I have achieved so far - my back stitching has improved the more I have done and I feel more confident in try some more of my stitchery based projects... They have been easy to do and quite therapeutic - I mostly have stitched them before work each morning... I have found a spot that offers good light and a comfy chair... I can see this coming togethere quite nicely...

Gail Pan - as I discovered - is a local lady who produces some really appealing quilts and stitcheries including
this one - I have already bought the magazine and it is definitely a possibility to try - in fact I have just the position in the hall - now if only I had the time.... Plus her new quilt design 'speaks' to me as well - but I am choosing not to hear - just yet :)





Yes - I know - another one - this book didn't even make it to the shelf when it came into the shop on Friday - I bought it straight away - I justified buying it (to myself) that since I wasn't going to the Australasian Quilt Convention this year I could treat myself to something since I wouldn't be spending money on what I might have bought had I gone... That makes loads of sense doesn't it - but it works for me - lol...

It works on the red, white and blue theme and has just some wonderful designs to do in cross stitch as well as more traditional stitches plus heaps of ideas to ponder and plan over... G - I think you would really like this book...










Sharon

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Finally made it here, Sharon! Ooooh that book looks good enough to eat! Reminds me a little of the Silhouette book we both have. Your back stitching is very neat indeed - you're right about it improving with practice. My basic stitching is pretty ordinary at the moment, because I just don't do enough of it. But my time will come. BTW, Ken's cousin is willing to come over and nana sit every Wednesday afternoon, so I will be able to come over and stitch with you when you are free on a Wednesday!