Sunday, April 25, 2010

Here I go, here I go again...

...I seem to have lost my stitching mojo again lately... I started back on the Gail Pan's free BOM from last year... I managed to do two more of the blocks fairly quickly then I stalled again on 'delight'... I have done quite a bit of back stitching lately and I think I need some other type stitching to break the cycle... Yesterday P took me down to The Needlepoint in East Malvern as I heard that they are having a sale... I was restrained as I was there on a mission looking fro some fabric - unfortunately they didn't have what I wanted, so they sent me up to Patchwork on Central Park -which is only a block further away - to see that they might have more what I was looking for... What a hardship that was!!! LOL - P came well prepared for these visits with his book so he sat in the car while I 'ferreted away' in both shops...
Did you buy anything you ask??? LOL - Does the Sun come up each morning??? Yes of course I did.. See following photos... I love the Pairie Schooler range of cross stitch patterns so I bought two of those... The alphabet one I have always loved since I did 'M is for Mermaid' which I changed into 'M is for Melanie' for my eldest daughter whose name is coincidentally Melanie... I couldn't quite decide which alphabet pattern to start with and I thought why not just start with A.B.C - I have a feeling I shall bump it up the 'to do' list... The other one as you can see has a Christmas theme to it - lol I don't know when I think I am going to do all these but one can dream... The two other items I bought was the pale pink Perle cotton and the fabric I needed at the patchwork shop - but I could have been so bad if I had really wanted to...

I have decided to work on this little chap again - he sits looking mournfully at me every time I go into my stitching tub... He was such a small project which got tossed into my stitching tub when something else took my eye...

Well that is enough from me... Happy stitching
Sharon xx


2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk...One should NEVER to go a needlecraft shop that is having a sale! Hope you saved some money for next week?

Judy S. said...

Yikes, seeing your GP stitcheries reminded me that I stashed mine before the wedding crazies set in. Time to find 'e now that things are back to normal, don't you think?