Friday, May 31, 2019

Returning to Blogging and my Knitting

A few years ago I subscribed to the Art of Knitting which was a weekly issue magazine through the newsagents. It basically took you from beginners to I would imagine, quite complex knitting at the completion. 
Each issue offered different sections which you could divide into a binder under the appropriate headings. It also supplied two balls of yarn - these were to knit the squares that came under section called - The Thow - which required you to knit a small square which ultimately would make up a rather large throw. Knitting these squares would of course build your knitting confidence as each square was a different stitch. These squares took roughly an night to knit.
I bought the first eighteen issues and while I liked them I knew in my heart of hearts I couldn't see myself knitting 120 squares. I had managed to knit nine of the required squares and I was quite pleased with my results because knitting or crochet for that matter, doesn't come as an easy skill for me however, I cancelled my subscription and put it away. A change of address saw me pack it all up and forget about it.


Fast forward to now - I am currently de stashing my craft room and came across across the squares once again. I found this square started with four rows knitted it just waiting for to be picked up and completed.
The colder weather and early dark nights always has my hands turning to yarn and needles as I sit in front of the heater - so I thought it could be the right time to pick this up and finish it. Of course with that small victory under my belt I have turned to the challenge of next square... 


My plan is to finish the 18 squares in the issues that I have, then repeat some of them in different colours until either the yarn, my patience or the colder weather runs out... 


Whichever one happens first, Matilda may be in line for a new blanket if there are enough squares to join into something worthwhile...🐈🐈🐈

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

At least you can knit! I've never been able to get the hang of it.
Nice surprise to see your comment on my blog; believe it or not I was thinking about you today and made a resolution to ring you in the next day or two!