Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Release and Caution

 

Last Friday, I had my plaster taken off... The doctor suggested a hand bandage or lightweight brace to not only give me a little support but also remind me not to fling my hand around quite as yet as there was every possible chance that I could re break it... The bones it seems take around about three months to heal and become stronger so in fact I am only half through the healing process... 

It was good though to have my arm free of that extra weight and to be able to shower without having to protect my cast from the water - but best of all was to be able to lather my arm with soap and feel the deliciousness of the warm water running over it. My arm also needed plenty of moisturizer because after six weeks in plaster it was dry and peeling...

So, now I have a little more freedom of movement I am going to attempt a little bit of cross stitch and perhaps some drawing or colouring - all of which I have missed in these last six weeks...


I figure that once my six weeks are through, we here in Victoria might hopefully see the Stage 4 lock down and 8pm to 5am curfew lifted which has also been given a six week period... Life and times in a world wide pandemic...

2020 has certainly proved interesting on many levels...

Erin had prettied up my cast with one of her drawings... I was a wee bit cross that at having a cast a my age and then to add insult to injury not able to have anyone sign it was a bit rich...

No comments: