Monday, March 8, 2010

A finish...

...a start...


...last but not least - an oldie but goodie...


G I finally found her - tucked away she was - three hours of searching and lots of mutterings, some swearing - I finally unearthed her... She is my 'project in waiting' while I consider what I want to do next... And believe me I found lots to consider...
In my unearthing I found the little pre-printed 'home' so I thought until I settle on my next big project I will stitch this... It will match up with my blue cat and the welcome stitchery I did last year... I have this idea of creating a feature of all of these little stitcheries...
My red work lady had me a little intimidated as I am certainly not a lover of satin stitch nor am I very good at it and the last bits of this particular piece had quite a bit of it to do... After procrastinating for quite a few months I finally took the bull by the horns and settled down to finish it... I am reasonably happy with the way it turned out so it has joined my other red lady in the box until I decide what I am going to do with it...
I am in a strange place re my stitching - I am not sure what to think why I feel like I do but these last few months I haven't had the enthusiasm I have had previously... One reason I think is that I feel a little overwhelmed as I realise that over the last couple of years especially I have collected quite a bit - realistically I know that probably 60% of it won't be stitched or even make it out of its packets... I am a little aghast at the dollar value I have just sitting in the cupboard - but in saying that I am more than a little reluctant to sell or give any of it away... Not sure what the answer is I am sure it will come to me if I don't stress about it too much...
Until then
Sharon xx

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

No, DON'T stress at all - just enjoy! Congratulations - happy dancing and all that - your Red Lady is so cute. Is that the one I have a copy of? Bronwyn's designs are addictive, aren't they! I just itch to start on more of them, but I am determined to keep going on my UFOs while I'm on a roll.
Sorry if you get sick of my saying it, but I really do love that washing line project - the colours and all are so cheerful.
Oh s--t, don't even start thinking about the money you/we have spent on stash over the past few years...I've done another small cull on mine, and offered the unwanted items to all and sundry, but nobody else wants them, so they'll probably end up at the op shop where they came from in the first place!