Saturday, September 3, 2011

another pathway...













It looks like I've taken you down the garden path... Well, I have in a way.... When P and I first inspected our house we entered by the front door went through the rooms ticking off on our fingers as we went the fors and against...We really didn't take in the outside other than to give it a quick glance. The Saturday before we moved in and we came to have another 'look see'. What a shock we got when we realised the extent of garden... I think the original owners had been keen gardeners as there are lots and lots of very established plants including the camellia trees of which there are about five and are very big.
Over the years, as the owners aged, I would imagine the garden got beyond them and it has fallen into a little disarray. Now let me tell you - P and I aren't gardeners we struggle to keep pot plants under control so imagine our shock to realise we have a very established garden to contend with... These photos are of the far side of the house... It is almost a 'secret garden' as you wouldn't know it was there until you stumbled across it which we did. So far all we have done is look at all the new growth and blossoms across our new garden and shake our heads - I'm not sure whether it is in wonder or disbelief...
Now to the stitching... The last photo says it all really - today I made myself pull out something and have a go...It took me a few attempts to get into the zone - but I sat at it for about an hour and quite enjoyed it. I sat across from the red camellia tree and appreciated that I could sit outside and stitch and that I needed to make some regular time to do it more often...
Hmm... I need to 'build a bridge' and 'get over it' - we have moved - albeit unwillingly -and now it is time to fall into the rhythm of life once again... Hopefully today - reflecting the new season of spring - it will be time for 'new growth' and new beginnings... Another pathway to explore...

Until later, take care

S xx



2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Having seen your new garden I sympathise! Ken and I aren't professional gardeners by any means, but we've had 30 years experience on our third of an acre, so how about we come over one day armed with our tools and we have a working bee on your yard? I'll bring some stitching so you and I can sit and stitch while the boys get on with the work...ha ha! I'm kidding - we can do just as much as them ;-)
Four pairs of hands can achieve quite a lot in an afternoon.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Oh I love that you sit and stitch in your reclaimed garden. Love it!!!!
Smiles and Blissful stitching,
Pat